I am always humbled and completely surprised when I receive these types of awards because there are so many wonderful and amazingly talented bloggers and I’m just someone who writes randomly when I feel like it.
I want to put out a MASSIVE thank you to TheSilentWave who is so amazingly honest and raw which makes the blogs so compelling to read. I can’t even believe I was on your radar to nominate for this so thank you very much again.
1. Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
2. Post about the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate at most 15 other people.
5. Tell your nominees the good news.
7 facts about me:
1. I can play Adele’s Someone Like You on the piano. I used to be able to play No One by Alicia Keys and bits of other songs. I also used to take lessons but don’t like being taught and prefer to do what I want.
2. One thing I wish I didn’t give up as a kid was dance lessons. I went to ballet when I was very young but wanted to stop and back then you couldn’t force this autistic girl to do anything. My favourite style is lyrical with bits of contemporary but now I’m terribly inflexible. I also love hip hop/street.
3. My favourite colour is red because it has such contrasting emotional meaning. It can represent anything in between love and hate. Such a juxtaposing colour like my personality.
4. I hate the taste of water. I know people say it has no taste but I hate the taste of no taste I guess.
5. I have a fear of dogs. When I was about four a dog bite me on my hand (my own fault they say I was told not too but this autistic girl couldn’t be told) and around that time I’d fallen off my bike. So I turned it into an epic tale where I was riding my bike and a dog came out of nowhere jumped and bit my face knocking me off my bike. The funny thing is because I was so young when I made up this story I thought this story was real!
6. Never been in a relationship. It has just not been my time and having a fear of social interaction has not helped that.
7. I love the TV show cartoon Family Guy. I have had many obsessive films and tv shows that I’ve liked but Family Guy is one of the top. Some people have a problem with Family Guy because it is really offensive but that’s what I like about it. They don’t discriminate who they are offensive too and I think that’s the best compliment. They will make a joke out of people with a disability but when you look deeper you’ll realise there is a underlying message. A quick example they did an episode about a girl with Down syndrome and one of the character’s fancying her. She was mean and the message at the end from the character who fancied her was ‘I thought people with Down syndrome were different from everybody else but you are not you’re just like everybody else.’ Meaning that whether you have a disability or not doesn’t mean you are automatically a nice person. I think that is a strong and perfect message.
8. I have to add an eighth because I hate odd numbers I’ve mentioned it many times on my blog so shouldn’t be a surprise. So I hate odd numbers.
Now I know this is going to sound like a cop out but I want to nominate everyone. A lot of the people I would have nominated have already been nominated by TheSilentWave. So please everyone who reads this please feel free to share about yourselves. I wouldn’t want to limit this to just 15 bloggers.
I love this online community I have become apart of and thanks to all who read my blog.
Thanks for reading. Hope you liked it. Peace out!