A huge thank you to jwforeva for nominating me for my first ever Liebster Award! I’m super honoured and humbled by this and what you said about my blog massive love to you ❤️❤️ Check out his blog about all things about film!
What is a Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an online award for bloggers to gain more support, recognition and just to get to know the person behind the blogger. It also helps others to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world.
How does the Liebster Award Work? Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
Here are the answers to the 11 questions that jwforeva gave me (killing me that it is an odd number not going to lie):
1. What is your favourite hobby other than blogging (if it already is)? And why do you love it so much?
Other than blogging I guess it would be watching TV and playing on my iPad. It relaxes me because I’m able to detach from the world around and turn off my brain. I like anything from trash reality TV to proper educational documentaries. Although do not like talk shows. Though I wish I had danced and trained in it that would be my ideal hobby.
2. What are your top 3 movies of all time? And your worst 3?
Top movies: First the Lion King. I have had an attachment since I was like 3. It is the film I’ll watch when I’m at my lowest. Second Bringing Down the House. “The cool points are out the window and you’ve got me all twisted up in the game.” Thirdly My Sister’s Keeper it actually made me cry when I watch it and no film does that, very little actually makes me cry.
Worst: All the Twilights – vampires glowing in glitter just no.
3. If you had a chance to rewind life to any point in your life, would you? If yes, then to which point in your life? If no, why not?
I wouldn’t because I think everything happens for a reason but just to play the game one of the moments I was most proud and felt like I had achieved something is when I got the highest possible grade for my GCSE in performing arts (aged 16) and no one else did. So I’d want to feel that again.
4. Name your most anticipated 2016 movies?
The child in me is looking forward to Finding Dory. Deadpool heard it’s not too action-y and has comedy which works for me. Can’t think of another one.
5. Recall your favourite childhood memory or a particular instance where you felt overjoyed?
I have a really poor long term memory and that is not a cop out. It is a real inconvenience so I’ll pick a moment where I was childishly overjoyed. When I got tickets to see Beyonce Live. My parents said it was the first time they’d ever seen me excited.
6. If you could be any character from any movie/tv series/book, who would you be? And why?
Sherlock Holmes from Elementary specifically. I would love to solve crimes and not be squeamish and we are quite similar and I want to be someone similar to me.
7. Would you rather lead a safe, conventional and routine life or a life bound only by your own rules? Why?
Safe because I’m autistic. Unfortunately no more interesting than that.
8. What are the collectibles (e.g. posters, toys, figurines, plushies etc)/ objects do you have and are most proud of? It could be movie/book related or anything really.
I have tickets and maps from my trips to New York. It reminds me that I spent 6 weeks in New York by myself at 20 and that was one of the biggest steps of independence that I never thought I could take. And I learnt life changing lessons.
9. Walking in the park or walking in the city?
City. Because I don’t like walking and there’s not as much. You can take the train.
10. If you could be fluent in one other language, what would it be?
French. J’adore the sound of it.
11. Why did you start blogging?
I started it in the new year because my aim for this year is to be my happiest. To do that I needed an outlet for all the thoughts I had about my autism. It’s constantly in my head and the thoughts were just staying up there and I didn’t want them to stay up there it was too damaging. Blogging has helped me so much with my understand and ability to articulate myself. If others have learnt along the way that’s a bonus. But really the bloggers out there have helped me.
This leads me on to my nominations because without these other blogs to read and enjoy I would not have my blog now. I love and adore all my followers but I cannot pick everyone. I have chosen these bloggers because they have made the biggest impact of my blogging experience thus far (they are in no particular order):
1. David Snape – does great interviews and is always giving so much to his followers. I especially thank him for being one of my most loyal fans. Brilliant guy.
2. Elephants Remember – great blog by Ele gets to the heart of things and shares so much. Beautiful writing.
3. Rebecca expressing her mind – hearing about her daughter written about in such an uplifting way is lovely to read about.
4. Nickys Day With Autism – shares great posts about her son MJ it’s great to see a blog that includes things from her son himself and not only having a parent’s perspective.
5. Femme aspie chick – lovely blog is quite new but has great things to say. Shared a couple of my posts which shows she’s willing to share others work which is great.
6. Anonymously Autistic – exciting writing about women’s autism and shares a lot of posts from all over the Internet which gives her blog a wide variety of views and opinions.
7. Grady P Brown – a great writer and has a real interesting view point and narrative to his work.
8. Beyond the Masquerade – has a beautiful eye for photography and captures things in a uniquely beautiful way.
9. Frenchc1955 – has an amazing way with words and a great imagination with his writing.
10. Blossom666 – writes beautiful poetry that is really thought provoking and simply wonderful.
11. The Scorgie – lovely blog that talks about her son’s autism and is all for promoting inclusivity which is what the world needs.
I’m not great at these kind of things so be kind. Here are my questions for my excellent eleven:
1. Please sum up your blog in 10 words?
2. What are your four favourite songs?
3. What four things would you get rid of from the world? (try go for more trivial/fun things like beards, just as an example, not all saying world hunger we all want to get rid of that)
4. Would you prefer to be have the ability to teleport or the ability to fly?
5. What animal would you be?
6. What possession (not person) do you cherish the most and why?
7. What scares you the most?
8. Which is better breakfast, lunch or dinner?
9. If you could be a fly-on-the-wall in any time period, anyplace, viewing anyone where, when, who, why would you be a fly-on-the-wall for that?
10. What would be your superhero power? Feel free to make up one doesn’t have to be traditional.
11. If you made an autobiography what would you call it? It can’t be your blog site name.
Looking forward to hearing your answers on your posts!
Lastly so much love, gratitude and appreciation to those who read, like, comment and follow my blog. I am incredibly grateful!
Thanks for reading. Hope you liked it. Peace out!